Countless people around the world play Texas Hold'em poker in casinos, pubs, homes and online. It's a simple game to learn but an extremely difficult one to master.
The game incorporates elements of psychology, maths and luck. If you can get to grips with the various aspects ofTexas Hold'em, there's a great chance you could win some fast cash.
The most important thing to understand about Texas Hold'em is the ranking of the various hands. If you don't know what the best hand is, it's going to be very difficult to get a win.
Poker Hands Example
- High card: Ace
- One pair: Two aces
- Two pairs: Two aces and two kings
- Three of a kind: Three aces
- Straight: Ace, king, queen, jack, ten
- Flush: Ace, ten, eight, six and two of hearts
- Full house: Three aces and two kings
- Four of a kind: Four aces
- Straight flush: Six, five, four, three and two of clubs
- Royal flush: Ace, king, queen, jack and ten of diamonds
Online poker games are a fantastic way to learn how to play the game. It's possible to play for free on numerous poker sites and many players choose to this option until they feel comfortable playing. Play money options are available on poker sites such as Pokerstars, Boylesports, Paradise Poker and Party Poker.
When you're happy with your poker playing ability, you can try out some of the real money games online. The main formats are tournaments and cash games. The key difference is there are unlimited rebuys available in cash games, while tournaments are knock out events.